Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cherry Creek Sneak 5K

- 19:56!
My wife’s boss signed me up to run with him only a few days before the race. I told him ok but I couldn’t cancel my long run because this was my last weekend to train for my May 15th marathon. My goal was to go out at about 7 min pace and then see how I felt after a mile. But I wasn’t feeling to good about this race, I wasn’t sure how my body would feel the day after 17 and I was still feeling sick.

I ran the first mile in 6:47 (163 AHR) near where I said I would. I really felt great the scratchy throat was gone my legs didn’t feel like they should have from yesterdays run. So I said to my self “lets go”. I ran the 2nd mile in 6:15 (176 AHR). Everything still felt great and I was passing people like crazy which was a great confidence boost. I kept speeding up the entire race and the 3 mile I was really pushing my HR to the max. I ran the 3rd mile in 6:08 (AHR 183) but again I was still on top of the world, can you say runners high. My watch said I ran the last 0.16 (I guess I went over by 0.06) at a pace of 5:08 (AHR 190).

I was a great weekend of running but now I am paying for it (ran 17 on saturday the day before the race). I really feel like crap, my throat is worse then it was yesterday so I am going to go take a nap now.





No comments:

Post a Comment