Sunday, August 12, 2012

Training on Green Mountain

4 weeks till the marathon and I am consistently putting in around 50 miles a week. I have been running lots of speed work with the high school kids which might actually hurt my time but I am having a lot of fun coaching. Today I ran an awesome new trail which might become my favorite in the future. There are so many different paths that it’s going to take a while to explore the whole place.

Elevation Profile, 2 climbs of about 700’ each, my really tough trail does 1700’ in one 3 mile climb. This trail is nicer because I can run 80% of the time and if it wasn’t hot I probably could have run all the way to the top without stopping.


Here is the trail on my second climb near mile 7. Gorgeous blue sky today!


Here is the top of both climbs I went out over the mountain and down to the bottom on the opposite side and then ran back the same path.

No comments:

Post a Comment